our Flyer (german):
or visit > Wir > Bundesländer
You want more information about current events?
We are the “Schwule Lehrer”: gay teachers, trainee teachers and students who live and work in Berlin and Brandenburg, in Germany. Our group is dedicated to offering support to teachers and students that deal with LGBTI (lesbian,gay, bisexual, transgender, intersexual) situations.
We meet every 14 days. You are welcome to check it out!
The group has existed since 1978:
• We are always happy about every new gay teacher, trainee or student who has interest in our work. To know more about our appointments (time and address), click here.
• Through the exchange of experiences, we support each other in our work in schools.
• We seek and maintain contact with other groups related to education and sexual diversity
• We organize different activities and campaigns on the theme "gays and school"
• In negotiations with the Senate department for education and school we are committed to ensuring that LGBT issues are included in diverse contexts in school.
Everyone can come to our meetings and participate. Being a member of the GEW (Gewerkschaft Erziehung und Wissenschaft) is not a requirement to take part of the Schwule Lehrer.
With a reception at the Brandenburg Halle in the Rathaus Schöneberg, members of the “Arbeitsgemeinschaft homosexueller Lehrer" celebrated in 2003 their 25th anniversary. Rose-Marie Seggelke , the vice-president of the GEW Berlin, welcomed the 150 invited guests (working in politics, education, and within the lesbian and gay community) and claimed that nowadays it is easier to come out thanks to the work conducted by unions and syndicates. The Berlin Mayor Klaus Wowereit and Senator for Education Klaus Boeger thanked the gay teachers for their efforts and recognized their contribution to the deconstruction of taboos related to homosexuality.